May is National Pet Month, which is the perfect time to think about how much your pets mean to you! Since our furry little friends are always there for us, it’s easy to forget about how much joy they actually bring to our lives.
P1 is honoring National Pet Month by showcasing the various ways we can help keep them safe. Today, we’ve got a bunch of great graphics with pet safety tips and P1 offerings that will help keep your pets part of the family for a long time. After all, having animals in your life not only brings that immediate happiness to an owner’s life, but also can bring many health benefits!
- Pet owners are less likely to suffer from depression than those without pets.
- People with pets have lower blood pressure in stressful situations than those without pets.
- Playing with a pet can elevate levels of serotonin and dopamine, which calm and relax.
- Pet owners have lower triglyceride and cholesterol levels (indicators of heart disease) than those without pets.
- Heart attack patients with pets survive longer than those without.
- Pet owners over age 65 make 30 percent fewer visits to their doctors than those without pets.
- A pet doesn’t have to be a dog or a cat. Even watching fish in an aquarium can help reduce muscle tension and pulse rate.
Since we see our pets every day, we may start taking them and all the benefits they bring to our lives for-granted. However, that is what National Pet Month is all about, remembering and appreciating your beloved companion.
Protection1 ♥s loves pets and to show our appreciation, we have created a few fun Pet Tip graphics. Share these graphics on Facebook, Google+ and even Pinterest to remind all your friends to take a step back from their busy lives and give their pet an extra hug this month.