Rhonda Taylor, a Customer Ops QA Rep in Wichita, told us about a new app that really got our attention. Now days, we all use technology so often at home and our jobs, and the app Rhonda told us about had an awesome way to donate money to charity by simply running, walking or biking.
“Charity Miles” is an app available on Android and iPhone that donates for every mile. For each mile walked or ran, a sponsor will donate $.25 and for every mile biked, the sponsor will donate $.10. There are many charities you can choose from – just pick your charity and start walking (or running/biking)!
A couple of the charities doing this (there are numerous):
– WFP – World Food Program – is a nonprofit organization that builds support in the United States to end global hunger.
– Pencils of Promise – also known as PoP for short, is a non-profit organization that builds schools and increases educational opportunities in the developing world.
– Habitat for Humanity – A nonprofit, ecumenical Christian housing organization building simple, decent, affordable housing in partnership with people in need.
– Wounded Warrior Project – Provides programs and services to severely injured service members during the time between active duty and transition to civilian life.
– Autism Speaks – An autism advocacy organization in the United States that sponsors autism research and conducts awareness.
Tell us how you enjoy donating to charities? Have you used this app before or have another one you would recommend? Let us know in the comments!