Our San Antonio branch participated in the Texas A&M University – San Antonio Career Fair on Tuesday, February 24th. Since General Manager Mark Weidemann will be attending the job fair to look for candidates to help build his team, I sat down with him for the “5 Questions with…” series to learn more about him, the San Antonio culture, and why Protection 1 is the best place for your career. Mark is one of our newer general managers at Protection 1 and here’s what he had to say:
1. What is your favorite part about Protection 1?
I’m always impressed with the people and how dedicated they are to the customer and to each other. The culture of positive leadership, support and teamwork, and dedication to the customer is promoted at the highest levels of our organization. The leaders, myself included, endeavor to spend quality time with the team, coaching and mentoring them to higher levels of success, while keeping an open mind to new ideas and processes. Understanding that the two most important assets we have are our employees and our customers, Protection 1 sets the benchmark for excellence. We will always win as a team.
2. What advice do you have for anyone thinking about applying for a career at Protection 1?
Bring a positive attitude and a desire to win. Every member of our organization, from the CEO to the newest employee, will support you in your efforts and help you succeed. We put in a full day’s work to ensure that our leading-edge solutions and superior customer services are provided to those who expect the best. We celebrate the victories, reward the top performers, and provide an opportunity for advancement to those who want to contribute at the highest levels. We’re excited to welcome team members that bring new ideas and a winning attitude.
3. What traits do you look for when building your team? I look for people that have a solid balance in life, and that want to be part of a winning team. We spend nearly as much time at the office and serving our customers as we do at home, and it’s important that we’re able to achieve an appropriate blend. Our life-safety services and solutions go well beyond the financial aspects of our business, and our team members need to understand that their performance in delivering services is of utmost importance. Protection 1 wants to hire the brightest and the best, and we’ll find those that have the positive qualities that will help our team succeed.
4. What is one thing that most people don’t know about you?
That’s a tough one given that I’m a pretty open book. I’ve always been someone that wants to contribute to helping others. I served in the USAF for 8 years, the Air National Guard for 14, and I’ve almost always been contributing in a volunteer capacity for an organization that supports others. As a new resident of San Antonio, I’m in the hunt for my next opportunity to engage with activities that will allow me to support my community.
5. What is your favorite sports team to cheer for?
GREEN AND GOLD! I’m a big Green Bay Packers fan and, sorry Texas, that’s not going to change. GO PACK!
Thanks for the time, Mark! For those of you who are students at TAMU-SA, be sure to stop by the Protection 1 booth and say hello.
If you are interested in joining the 3,500+ employees at Protection 1, or at least learning more, please visit WorkAtP1.com.